Planters Bank was organized in March of 1896, in Hawkinsville, GA where the first seed of the PlantersFIRST banking system was planted. The original bank location was only two doors down from the present location, which was erected in 1915. After many years of success, in 1973, the Broad Street branch of Planters Bank was opened to accommodate its growing business. In January of 2000, plans were implemented to convert all banks to a united name, PlantersFIRST. The Hawkinsville location plays a large part in the history of PlantersFIRST as the new bank name was derived from the original Planters Bank, as well as maintained its original charter date.
Cordele • Fitzgerald • Hawkinsville • Ocilla • Perry • Pineview