Although the name has changed numerous times, the Ocilla location has remained in the same spot for over 105 years…at the corner of 4th and Cherry! The bank was first organized as The Peoples Bank in 1903. In 1911 the name changed to First National Bank and changed again in 1942 to First State Bank of Ocilla. It was time for a face-lift in 1968 when the old bank building was demolished and the present building was built. When Mid State Banks purchased First State Bank, there was an immediate expansion to Fitzgerald and the name was changed to First State Bank of South Georgia. In 2000, the name was changed for the last time to PlantersFIRST.
Cordele • Fitzgerald • Hawkinsville • Ocilla • Perry • Pineview